So you are worried about Why does my LG sound bar keep turning off? Yes! Don’t worry we have got the solution. Honestly, soundbars are an outstanding purchase for absolutely everyone seeking to enhance the sound quality of their home theater system. However, some minor annoyances could detract from the entire experience.
One of the most common annoyances that you can have encountered is soundbars turning off on their own. You know what?? Mostly when soundbars fail to perceive audio signals, they turn off.
A soundbar might be turned off because of a faulty cable, loose connections, or a low volume. So let’s dwell on this topic and find out the reason for your LG soundbar turning off continuously. We have the best solution for you, so it’s time to put aside your worries.
LG Soundbars are large, smooth speakers that are meant to serve your space with stereo sound and provide a home cinema experience.
To acquire these requirements, these soundbars are geared up with contemporary technology. Soundbar difficulties, on the other hand, can every so often impede users’ enchanting experiences and annoy them at some point in their amusement time. They have every right to feel enraged due to these problems.
It will be unpleasant in case you are enjoying yourself while viewing a film or listening to a track on your time off and the sound cuts out. If the sound continues cutting out, it becomes unbearable for you to handle.
Fortunately, this is a common hassle that can be dealt with using some easy techniques. You can also clear up this trouble yourself in minutes at home, without the need for a technician’s help.
Reasons for Why does my LG sound bar keep turning off:
When your LG soundbar isn’t used for a specific amount of time, it may switch off automatically. The LG sound bar’s Auto Power Off function is to blame.
Auto Power On and Off are functions that permit you to perform the item according to your needs. The Auto Power Off choice enables you to save energy, at the same time as the Auto Power On mode helps you to listen to virtual sound whenever you turn on your television.
There are two fundamental reasons for such issues, according to LG. Either there may be an excessive amount of wireless traffic interfering with your connection, or the software program on your soundbar is out of the current.
These are frequent troubles that may be solved using four simple strategies. You can get rid of the troubles by following each of the commands below one by one.
Get Rid of continuous turning off of LG Soundbars
1. Disable Auto Power Off feature
To disable the Auto Power Off feature, comply with the techniques mentioned below.
- Connect your TV to the optical cable.
- It will appear on the soundbar display screen in case you press the Auto Power button on the soundbar remote.
- To alternate the setting of On Auto Power to Off Auto Power
- Press the button once more.
2) Excessive Bluetooth Traffic
If your soundbar is hooked up to your device by Bluetooth, the sound can be cut out because of excessive Bluetooth traffic in the area surrounding the device. A considerable quantity of Bluetooth transfers intrude together along with your device’s Bluetooth connectivity and cause it to be hampered.
This difficulty can be fixed by the usage of a linked connection to connect the soundbar to your device, which includes a computer, TV, mobile phone, or tablet. Optical, HDMI and auxiliary connections are all available on soundbars. The sound output can be remarkable after that. If the soundbar continues to cut out, move directly to the subsequent option.
3) Soundbar Software update
Another cause your soundbar can be shutting out is if the firmware is outdated. The old software program is not able to effectively cope with information while streaming, resulting in latency. You only need to comply with some fundamental strategies to triumph over this problem.
To start, you ought to first download the software program update. This isn’t always something that can be executed immediately from the soundbar. You’ll need to do it on your pc after which use a USB cable to transfer the file to the soundbar. As a result, complete these steps to achieve the software program update:
- Open the internet browser on your laptop, such as Google Chrome.
- Go to www.LG.com and choose Support>Software and Drivers.
- Enter the version name of your LG soundbar in the search box.
- A pop-up window will appear with the software update.
Choose the most recent version and keep it on your computer. After you have downloaded the file, you will need to prepare it for the soundbar. Install the update in your soundbar by following these steps:
- First and foremost, you ought to prepare the file by renaming it to match the version and module.
- Please type update module, underscore, and version name in that order.
- Connect the USB to your pc and set the file device to FAT32.
- Transfer the SW file to your USB drive. When you connect the USB to your soundbar, the message “UPGRADE” will appear on the screen.
- The update will start installing once you press the play button on the soundbar’s remote control.
The soundbar will shut down after the upgrade is finished. You could have finished the update setup at this point. The soundbar will no longer cut out sound. You may once more revel in your track and satisfaction to the utmost.
When installing software updates in this manner, there are some matters to endure in mind. If you do not comply with these steps, the software update will fail, and you could even corrupt the software on your soundbar, causing it to stop operating completely.
If you do not properly rename the software update files, it may not operate. Before copying the files, you need to format the USB in the FAT32 system file. During the update, you must in no way turn off your device.
4) LG music flow application
You can also use your phone or tablet to remedy the trouble with the LG music flow app. The application is free to download from the Google Playstore and the Apple Store. This approach will not work until your soundbar is hooked up to your house network.
To install the app, undergo the instructions below:
- If you are using an Android device, go to Google Playstore; if you are using an iOS device, go to App Store.
- Look for the LG Music Flow App.
- To download, click on the download icon.
- Open the software after it has been downloaded and installed.
- After you have loaded this app on your smartphone, you can use it to update the software on your soundbar through your house network. The technique is straightforward.
All you need to do is comply with these simple commands:
- Select the Menu option (Three Horizontal lines on top left corner)
- Select Settings > Version Info from the drop-down menu.
- The soundbar, in addition to whether or not its software program is obsolete, will appear in the subsequent window.
- If the program is out of date, the app will provide you the option of downloading and installing it wirelessly.
- The device will reboot automatically as soon as the update has been downloaded and installed.
- On the display screen of your smartphone, you can additionally keep track of your progress.
- During the update, do not turn off your device.
Whether you make use of option 3 or 4, your device will acquire a firmware update, and the soundbar will start to function normally.
Soundbars have been built with Stand-by and Sleep modes to enhance their efficiency. When the device isn’t in use, these settings assist you to save energy.
This mode, though, might occasionally detract from your entire experience. To turn off the mode, comply with the actions mentioned above.
You can use the strategies listed above to repair your LG soundbar if it continues cutting out the sound. You should not be worried due to the fact the trouble is common and can be effortlessly remedied at home by following a few easy procedures.
However, you ought to take precautions properly to keep away from damaging your soundbar.
We hope your search ends here for Why does my LG sound bar keep turning off?
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the reason that my LG soundbar is cutting out?
If the sound continues going out, there are two viable causes, according to experts. If you are using Bluetooth to hook up with the device, there may be loads of Bluetooth traffic or your device’s software program might be obsolete.
Is it viable to replace the software program on my LG soundbar wirelessly?
Yes, you absolutely can. To do so, download the LG Music Flow App from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store on your device. After the software has been installed, you can update the software program on your soundbar. The soundbar ought to be linked to the network in your home.
Why isn’t my LG soundbar upgrading from a USB-connected software file?
You may have executed something incorrectly in case your device does now no longer apprehend the software program update file from USB. Before copying the file, you ought to accurately rename it. The USB needs to be formatted with the FAT32 file system. The device will only acknowledge the update file after that.