Klipsch has established itself as a company that releases remarkable designs to provide exceptional performance to its prized clients. Today, we’ll look at three of its high-quality speakers, the Klipsch R-26FA vs R-625FA. Both speakers have a 2-way channel configuration with a 1-inch LTS tweeter and a top-firing 5.25-inch cone woofer in their height channels.
When used in a smaller room, the Klipsch R26FA speaker performs well. And the best part is that you don’t have to break the bank to be the proud owner of this cutting-edge speaker.
The Klipsch R625FA, on the other hand, performs admirably in significantly larger venues. However, you will need to pay more money for this speaker, but rest confident that the money will be well spent. After that, let’s compare these two massive models side by side.
If you’re searching for a sound system that will complement your surround sound system, the Klipsch R-26FA floor-standing speaker should be your top choice. Now for the major question: What are some of this speaker’s standout features aside from its low price?
1. The built-in Klipsch R-26FA Atmos modules are pointed towards the listening location, and the technique relies on your ceiling to send the sounds back down to the listener. Many users were initially doubtful of this method’s success because ceiling heights and distances to listening spots fluctuate. But the results were pleasantly surprising.
2. When watching the Atmos-enabled video, there was a noticeable improvement in the fullness of the surround sounds. It was fantastic, and it made me long for the day when I’ll be able to update my home theater so that you may enjoy it full-time.
3. The new Klipsch R-26FA Reference series loudspeaker has two front-firing 6-inch woofers, a horn-loaded tweeter, an up-firing 5-1/4′′ woofer, and another horn tweeter. This design allows sound to reflect the ceiling, resulting in a more immersive Dolby Atmos sound.
4. Dolby Atmos produces an enthralling, object-based sound that places and moves sound anywhere in the room to bring entertainment to life for the audience. Sound comes alive from all directions, even overhead, with Dolby Atmos filling a home theater with amazing clarity, detail, and depth.
5. The speakers stand 39 inches tall and contain all the necessary controls and connectors on the front. A front-ported speaker lets you place it closer to the wall without causing issues. The woofers are copper spanned, which produces exceptional sound quality and durability.
- A great option for compact rooms
- They are compatible with Dolby Atmos.
- Their sleek black finish blends nicely with most decors.
- The cabinet is long-lasting and sturdy
- Its driver aid in reducing sound distortion.
- Several inputs are available, including bi-wire, dual binding posts, and bi-amp.
- Its 52-pound weight might make it quite hefty.
- As the size of the room increases, so does the sound performance.
Klipsch set out with the R-625FA to give cinematic sound quality with fully immersive 360-degree surround sound wrapped in a pair of floor-standing speakers. Since 1946, the company has been developing goods for audiophiles. And in that time, we’ve built a reputation for producing high-quality, dependable items.
1. In terms of design, the Klipsch R-625FA is built using cutting-edge technology. This high-quality, well-made speaker has a beautiful and gleaming appearance. The speaker is black and has magnetic grills. Its superior well-built body is uncatchable, which means it is scratch resistant.
On the other hand, the speakers are designed to be optimal for use in the home. Its tower casing allowed it to be used anywhere in the house.
2. Beginning with the built-in upward-firing channel that aids in using the Atmos system is the finest way to provide you with a surround sound experience. The sound is reflected off the ceiling, which gives an impression that you are sitting in the middle of the theater.
3. Tweeters, often known as electromechanical loudspeakers, provide several advantages. It is located at the speaker’s top and produces a higher frequency sound. Because of its compact size, it does not require much electricity to function well. A linear travel suspension tweeter is present in 625FA speakers. It minimizes the sound distortion, ultimately enhancing the speaker’s overall performance.
4. One of its distinguishing characteristics is the Tractrix horn. They are intended to provide high-frequency sound output to the listener in the form of a loudspeaker. It improves sound quality by controlling directivity (sound bouncing off walls and ceilings) and lowering distortion. Natural and clean sound can be perceived by minimizing false reverb in music by filtering.
5. Furthermore, this floor-standing speaker includes an outstanding Dolby Atmos capability. This technology provides you with a 3D sound effect, which implies sounds will originate from all directions. With this surround sound technology, you may have a theater-like experience in the comfort of your own home.
6. On the main channel, the speakers use 6.5-inch copper spun IMG woofer cones and a 5.25-inch woofer on the elevation channel. The woofer is light and taut thanks to injection-molded graphite (IMG) and spun copper, allowing it to endure deep lows even at high volumes.
- At high volumes, there is little distortion.
- Outstanding performance in large rooms
- Significantly increased durability
- They generate precise and crisp-clear audio.
- Multiple features for separate channels are supported.
- There is a lack of wireless connectivity and Bluetooth.
- Purchases are expensive.
Comparison between Klipsch R-625FA & Klipsch R-26FA
Display or Design
In terms of design, both speakers appear to be pretty comparable. The Klipsch R-625FA features a more subdued and matte finish, while the R-26FA is not afraid to stand out with its dazzling metallic tweeters.
Both speaker cabinets are made of MDF (medium-density fiberboard). This substance is useful because it is anti-resonant, meaning any unpleasant vibrations are eliminated, and the audio produced is smooth and natural. The R26Fa has a polymer veneer finish, whereas the R625FA has a wood grain vinyl coating.
The type of enclosure used by the two speakers is a significant distinction between them. The Klipsch R26Fa utilizes a front-firing bass reflex enclosure, while the R625FA utilizes a rear-firing bass reflect enclosure.
The important thing to consider is the audio performance of the speakers. The acoustic specifications of both Klipsch speakers show that they both have a 1-inch linear travel suspension aluminum tweeter and two 6.5-inch spun copper injection-molded graphite woofers. When we examine the audio parameters, we can observe that the R26FA has a greater frequency range than its competition.
Where the R-625FA excels is with its drivers. Both the high and low-frequency drivers outperform the R-26FA. Higher frequencies are handled by a one-inch aluminum compression diaphragm and Tractrix horn, while copper-spun magnetically insulated woofers handle bass.
Even inexperienced users will have no trouble installing and configuring the floor speakers. The weight of both models is comparable, with the R-26FA being around three pounds less than the R-625FA.
You’ll also have no trouble connecting the speakers to your other components. Both speakers include banana clips and ports for a receiver, TV, or projector. Also, connecting the Dolby Atmos sound is a piece of cake. However, the R-625FA has two binding ports instead of the R-26FA’s single binding port.
The choice between the Klipsch R-625FA and the R-26FA is based on budget and room size. The R-625FA is more expensive, but it has additional audio functions. It’s also powerful enough to be used in larger rooms. The R-26FA is less expensive and includes part of the same audio technologies. It lacks the power required to fill larger spaces with high-quality sound.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Klipsch good for surround sound?
The Klipsch delivers high-quality sound from a small set of 5.1 surround speakers. The wireless subwoofer is packed with a lot of low-end punch. Klipsch used the same components that it used in its full-sized speakers.
Are Klipsch speakers full range?
Klipsch floor-standing speakers deliver an intensive sound experience in a beautiful form, providing soaring highs and thundering lows while complementing your home décor. Serious audiophiles will appreciate our high-quality, full-range speakers’ power and musical fidelity.
Does the Klipsch Reference need a receiver?
There’s no denying that high-quality Klipsch speakers can produce excellent sound, but that isn’t always enough. To transfer the power to the speakers successfully, you must still include an AV receiver in the setup.
Are Klipsch speakers good for movies?
With over 70 years of acoustic technological knowledge, Klipsch speakers provide any home theater system with a powerful, strong sound that enriches any movie or music experience.
Klipsch has been a renowned high-end speaker company for several years, and its speakers are noted for their high quality, longevity, and great sound. So, yes, these speakers are good for movies!
Can you pair Klipsch speakers?
Android users may access Bluetooth Settings by clicking the pairing button. Tap the three-dot icon in the right-hand menu to reach the Advanced Settings section. To use it, you must be at least two years old.
How far should front speakers be from TV?
The distance between the stereo speakers should be the same as you and the television. For example, if you’re sitting 6 feet away from the television, each stereo speaker should be 3 feet apart.